In order for this application to be processed you must:
- complete this application in full
- upload all required documents (see document list below)
- ensure that official evidence of successful completion of your educational program (your transcripts) has been sent directly to the College from the educational institution. Unofficial evidence of successful completion of an educational program (e.g. a letter from the program director) is acceptable for recent graduates (less than 8 weeks); however, official evidence must be received within 8 weeks of completing the program
- For an application in the Active Practice Class, ensure that official evidence of successful completion of an examination approved by the NSCRT has been sent directly to the College from the examination body.
- Please note that you may not hold yourself out as a "Respiratory Therapist" in the province of Nova Scotia until after your application for registration has been approved by the College (i.e. you have been issued a licence to practice). This includes clinical orientation, supervised work (clinical and non-clinical), and volunteer work.
- Incomplete applications will be denied. Applicants should note that approval of a completed application, including all required documents, may take up to four weeks. If your application is denied, your registration fee will be returned and you will be advised of the reason(s) for the decision and the appeal process
If you will be uploading your documents with this application, please make sure you have the following scanned in PDF or JPG format before you begin:
Alternatively, you can send your documents by regular mail but this will considerably lengthen the time for processing.
These documents are required in order to complete the application. Please make sure they are complete and scanned so they can be attached to this application below.
- Proof of Citizenship ((official birth certificate or passport)
- Proof of successful completion of the CBRC exam
- Criminal Background Check
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- Registration / Licensure Data Verification Form
Situation Specific Documents
These documents may be required, depending on your situation. If any of the following apply to you, you will need the associated documents completed and scanned so they can be attached to this application below.
- Documentation of English Fluency (if first language AND language of RT instruction is not English)
- Letter of Education Completion (if you have graduated within the last eight weeks, you must provide a letter of completion from your school)
- If you completed your education more than eight months ago Respiratory Therapy education transcripts are required
- Employer verification of hours worked over the past 4 years